Contact Us for a Free Consultation
How Life Coaching Young Adults Works
- Consultation: Parent sets up a free 15 min consultation.
- Program: Meeting with mentor to decide which program is best.
- Client Onboard: Parent Talk to the potential mentee about trying life coaching. If Parent has trouble getting child onboard, the mentor can be asked help get mentee to try life coaching.
- First Booking: One session or One month to try it out.
- First Session: The mentee choose three goals, the challenges to those goals and the first signposts of success.
- Daily Routine: We begin creating a daily routine (unless papers, exams, job interviews, etc. must be dealt with first).
- Calendar Usage: We help the mentee organize and sync their computer and phone calendars to complete daily tasks.
- Communication: Working on emails required for teachers, bosses, summer jobs, etc. and keeping parents up to date.
- Parent Support: We encourage the parents to email issues: homework, family issues, organizational issues, etc which we incorporate in the daily routine & calendar to make them work.
- Overall Support: We focus on short term, medium term and long term goals, which may include personal essays for university or college, educational consulting, working with medical professionals and med compliance, and so much more.
So many teens and young adults are stuck these days. A lot of them have tried so many approaches but nothing seemed to connect for them. Mentoring / Life Coaching Young Adults can often do things that reach these young people in a way nothing else has.
We listen: to the client’s beliefs in what they see as their truths, as well as the worries of the parents, and we help the client and the parents find the middle ground where new paths to success can begin.
We will be there: as a life coach and mentor, we are present to help both the client and the family find a safe place to be heard. Part of understanding anxiety in young adults and teen depression is allowing those affected to share their real fears and issues (versus the daily circular battles) and let the clients talk about their goals, their challenges and the first signs that would indicate success.
We create a personalized program together: This program is based on what the Mentor has heard, what the young adult chooses as goals and the path that will let them grow towards those goals as a team. Sometimes the route is direct. Sometimes it takes unusual twists and turns.
Our method is based on motivation and inspiration: We focus on what works and learn from what blocks us.
True change requires a system that inspires and builds inner-discipline that is self-directed: That system is the core program of World Wide Youth Mentoring Inc. and it will help the client towards long-lasting change as a self-aware individual. It will also create harmony in the household and will teach the whole family how to find enriching relationships (when the personal work has taken hold).